Finding replacement parts for most Coleman camper parts is not difficult as the brand has been around a long time and is widely available. You can find parts for most Coleman RVs at RV superstores, online sellers and many dealers that sell or service the brand.
Finding Parts for Your Coleman Camper
Replacement parts for Coleman campers don’t necessarily carry the Coleman brand. Any RV store that carries parts for the style of RV you have, regardless of brand, is likely to have suitable parts. You’ll need to provide details about the part you are searching for and your camper model to determine if any resource you identify has exactly what you need.
Camping World Superstore
Camping World is a great place to start your search. This RV superstore describes itself as a “one-stop-shop for everything” that RV enthusiasts might need, carrying more than 10,000 parts and accessories for all popular makes, including Coleman. You can visit one of the many retail store locations throughout the U.S., or you can shop online or order by phone (888-626-7576). When you work with Camping World, you have access to new RV parts from a large online retailer that also has retail stores, increasing the chances that inventory will be available that meets your needs.
- When you visit a Camping World store, you can speak with an RV parts expert in person, which is very helpful when searching for specific parts for your Coleman camper.
- If visiting in person isn’t an option, you can call the store to speak with a knowledgeable expert who can help you find what you are looking for. Be sure to ask to speak to someone in the RV parts department when you call.
- You can also search the Camping World website by category or brand (though keep in mind the parts you need won’t necessarily be Coleman brand). You can also do a keyword search, which may be the most helpful. With so many types of items, it can be difficult to know which category to use. Some of the parts are in the categories where you’d expect to find them, but not all. For example, if you are looking for a hand rail, you’ll find it in the “Hardware, Roof Vents & Fans” category.
Shipping charges apply for online purchases. Standard ground delivery starts at $11 to locations within the contiguous 48 states and increases based on weight. Express shipping is available for a higher rate, and some large items require freight delivery. Camping World sometimes runs free shipping specials for purchases over a certain dollar amount. If such a special is available, you’ll see it displayed on a banner across the website.
Returns are accepted within 90 days of purchase. Online and phone orders can be shipped back or returned to store locations.
Local Coleman Dealers
If there is a dealer in your area that carries the Coleman brand that is also a great place to start your search. That is because they likely service and work on campers for customers who purchase RVs from them, so it only makes sense that they keep a good inventory of parts of this brand. A benefit of using a dealer that carries the brand is you can work with a parts sales representative who is very knowledgeable about the various Coleman models and how they have changed over the years. They’ll also likely be familiar with the best options for replacement parts, and will have the availability to order parts directly from the manufacturer when it makes sense to do so.
Coleman is a Dutchmen brand, so visit the dealer locator on Dutchmen.com to identify dealers within a reasonable distance of your location.
- Choose Coleman from the ‘select a brand’ drop-down
- Enter your zip code or the country, city and state where you are hoping to find a dealer.
Note: The zip code option is the best search choice, as it will show you the dealers closest to your location. If you enter a city where there is not a dealer, you’ll get a message saying that the location you entered is not valid (rather than the nearest options).
Contact the suitable local dealers you find and inquire about the availability of the parts that you need using the provided contact information as well as delivery options. Some may require you to visit the location to make your purchase while others may offer shipping. Ask to speak to someone in the parts department when you call. Verify the dealer’s return policy before placing your order, being sure to find out if restocking fees may apply.
Parts Dealers Offering Online Sales
If there isn’t a Coleman dealer in your local area, another option to consider is RV dealers or parts stores in other areas that have a significant online sales presence. These companies typically carry a very broad inventory, offering parts for all popular RV brands. A few good options to consider include:
- Affordable RV Parts Store: This Las Vegas parts store has an online catalog featuring a nice selection of parts for Coleman campers. You can browse catalog pages or search by product name, description or manufacturer. When you use the search feature, you can check price and inventory availability, then make your purchase. Shipping varies based on weight and location and restocking fees may apply.
- PPL: Texas-based RV giant PPL carries an impressive inventory of RV parts, including items appropriate for Coleman RVs, that can be shipped to customers at any location. You can order online or place your order by phone (800-755-4775), or visit. Shipping charges (starting at $9.99 depending on location and weight apply). A restocking fee may apply for returned parts.
Sourcing Used or Hard-to-Find Parts
- eBay is a good option to consider when you are interested in purchasing used parts, or ones that are particularly difficult to find. Availability changes constantly, so be prepared to search daily to see if what you need is available. Some RV parts on eBay are available with a buy-it-now option while others require bidding. Some are provided with free shipping while others require the purchaser to pay shipping. Pay close attention to the terms of each item you are considering and check seller feedback before deciding to buy.
- RV salvage yards: Salvage yards that keep recreational vehicles in inventory are another good place to look for used RV parts, and for some older models, such as the discontinued Coleman pop-ups. You’ll need to locate salvage yards in your area, then visit in person to see what they have. You can call first to see if they have any RVs in inventory, but chances are, they won’t be able to provide details on what parts are available or usable. Of course, this method can be time-consuming and is very hit-or-miss.
Tips to Expedite Your Search
With so many available RV parts and subtle differences among similar items, it’s critical to be clear on exactly what you need when searching for parts for your Coleman camper. The following tips will increase your odds of success.
- Make sure you know the exact model and year of your camper in addition to the brand. Small changes occur with each model and from year-to-year that could affect the part you purchase.
- Find the model number of the part you need to purchase. While some things, such as electrical wiring or hardware, may be interchangeable from one brand of camper to another, other parts are very specific. Using the model number of the part itself is often the best way to ensure you get the right product.
- When upgrading to a new product, take the time to check out the specs of that product. For example, if your Coleman’s stove needs to be replaced, ensure you are replacing it with the same type as well as a new model that will fit within the designed space.
- For high voltage equipment, such as air conditioners, fans, circuits and similar items, ensure you get the voltage right. Trying to put something with a high voltage into a slot for a low voltage simply will not work.
- Use your owner’s manual as a guide to replacing the part if you plan to do so on your own. If you are not experienced with making RV repairs, you may want to consider having a professional take care of replacing the part for you, especially if it is something related to one of your camper’s systems or structural integrity.
Rely on Expert Assistance
Except for the resources given for used or hard-to-find parts, each of the options suggested here will have knowledgeable parts professionals on staff. Share details with them about your specific camper and the parts you need. That will help ensure that you get your purchase right the first time.