The Blue Knob Ski Resort is located in Claysburg, Pennsylvania on the highest skiable mountain slope in the state. The Blue Knob Resort is actually situated within Blue Knob State Park, offering year round recreational amenities for guests of all ages.
Blue Knob Ski Resort Mountain Statistics
When you hit the slopes at the Blue Knob Resort, you can expect to find quality skiing and snowboarding conditions at this New England ski area. Consider the following mountain statistics:
- 34 total groomed trails
- Terrain split evenly with 20 percent beginner, 35 percent intermediate, 35 percent advanced and 10 percent expert
- 1,072 foot vertical drop from the top of the slopes to the bottom
- Slopes open until 9:00 pm on weeknights and 10:00 pm on weekends
- Open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Ski Resort Activities
Whether you’re taking a short vacation with your family, or you live near the resort and are looking for ways to get plugged into the skiing community, you should check out the Blue Knob ski activities that go well beyond downhill skiing and boarding:
- Snow Tubing – You can even rent the tubing park for parties
- NASTAR Racing – Have your runs timed and have the opportunity to win medals
- Nordic Skiing – A number of groomed trails for cross country skiing
- Tuesday Night Moonlight Ski League – You can sign up a ski team with your friends and compete for medals and awards
Other Resort Activities
The ski resort’s location in a state park makes it perfect for a number of other outdoor recreational activities. When you stay at the resort, make sure you spend some time pursuing activities like:
- Golfing on a 9-hole mountain top golf course
- Mountain biking on maintained trails with beginner – to expert-level terrain
- Hunting and fishing (just make sure you have the appropriate licenses)
- Hiking on level or steep terrain
- Taking an outdoor tour of the fall foliage
Staying at the Resort
When you stay at the resort, you stay in condominiums. They come fully equipped with fireplaces and full kitchens. Staying in the condos gives you full access to other resort amenities like the indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, steam rooms, tennis courts and saunas. Rates will vary based on whether you’re staying on weeknights or weekends and whether you purchase a stay and ski package or another special package promotion. Pay close attention to seasonal specials, like their “March Madness,” where they offer up to 50 percent off of lift tickets, lodging and rentals.
Dining on the Mountain
The Blue Knob Resort has a number of dining options when you’re staying on the slopes. You can choose from options like the Black Bear Inn, offering a fine dining experience with a great selection of wines, to The Clubhouse, a more casual restaurant offering outdoor seating and popular Wednesday night barbecues. If you just want to grab a drink with friends, you can hang out for awhile at Mueller’s Pub for drinks and bar grub.
Beyond the Basics
While the Blue Knob Ski Resort offers a perfect recreational vacation, the setting is so beautiful that the resort is perfect for conferences, conventions, weddings and other special events. If you’re looking for the perfect indoor/outdoor venue for your Pennsylvania event, make sure you look into what this resort has to offer.